The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
NAVSEA's Warfare Center Enterprise is comprised of the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC). With eight Surface Warfare and two Undersea Warfare sites across the United States, the Warfare Centers supply the technical operations, people, technology, engineering services and products needed to equip and support the fleet and meet the warfighters' needs. The Warfare Centers are the Navy's principal research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) assessment activity for surface ship and submarine systems and subsystems. In addition, the Warfare Centers provide depot maintenance and in-service engineering support to ensure the systems fielded today perform consistently and reliably in the future.
This is a student internship appointment located at Naval Surface Warfare Center - Crane Division.
This announcement is restricted to individuals currently accepted for enrollment OR currently enrolled in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis AND currently residing in OR currently attending school in one of the following States:
The work-study program in which the incumbent is enrolled provides an integrated program of academic study and work experience in financial management.
The position may be located in any organizational segment on Center requiring practical application of technical knowledge in order to accomplish work assignments. Tasks are usually performed under the direction of a senior financial analyst.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting senior financial analysts in performing analysis for the purpose of comparing planned to actual execution detecting long and short range trends, disclosing anomalies and identifying variances in receipts, expenditures, and workload execution
· Monitoring costs for the purpose of comparing plans to actual expenditures, determining status of commitments and obligations and identifying and correcting discrepancies
· Accepting and validating funding documents
· Monitoring and closing funding through task completion
· Researching and resolving issues and problems
· Performing and reviewing an evaluation of budget requests
· Analyzing and making recommendations concerning the cost and benefits of alternative methods
The program is an excellent opportunity for students to get an interesting, real-world experience while contributing to the defense of our nation.