If you are a non-status candidate, please apply under Announcement #OMB-14-05-CMJ-DE.
NOTE: THIS IS A TERM POSITION NOT-TO-EXCEED 2 YEARS, WHICH MAY BE EXTENDED TO A MAXIMUM OF 4 YEARS BASED ON MANAGEMENT NEEDS. (# of initial years based on customer request up to 4 years)
Definition of a 'TERM APPOINTMENT' may be found at: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/508/TemporaryAppointments#icc
The Office of Management and Budgets Office of E-Government & Information Technology is looking for a driven and energetic Senior Data Management Lead to perform duties specifically related to the Integrated, Efficient, and Effective Uses of Information Technology (IEEUIT) fund. The Information Technology Specialist (DATAMGT) to serve as the Senior Data Management Lead; responsible for ensuring the availability of timely, accurate and relevant data necessary for achieving OMBs goals in Federal information technology (IT) and management. These responsibilities include data governance, data management, and data management technology. The Senior Data Management Lead would be part of a larger team whose mission is to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal IT by eliminating duplication and creating opportunities for reinvestment in innovative solutions.
Any candidate applying for this position must have demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; great attention to detail; the ability to manage internal and external relationships with Federal government officials, Congress, and senior agency officials; and have the ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate has organized teams in the past including the processes governing that team. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove daily your high value to the team.
**This position may be filled at the GS-14 or GS-15 level. Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- Serves as the IT expert and principal agency representative on technical matters regarding IEEUIT. Prepares and delivers briefings, holds discussions, and makes commitments relative to mission matters to higher level officials. Presents agency programs and accomplishments to higher level officials on a periodic basis.
- Designs and executes the necessary quantitative and qualitative data collection, data acquisition, data storage, data management, data curation, data quality, business intelligence, and data access processes and solutions that meet the organizations information needs.
- Collaborates with the technology lead and research and analytics lead to produce the organizations information products.
- Defines standards, processes and governance in support of the enterprise data architecture for collection, storage, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, including technical standards, policies and architectures.
- Establishes tools and best practices for building and maintaining data dictionaries, ontologies, reference models, taxonomies, thesauri as necessary to document data management activities and increase re-use of data.
- Coordinates with business stakeholders and technical team members to analyze and execute data integration opportunities.
- Models critical management processes, analytical questions, and potential data sources to support effective decision-making.
- Recommends and executes technical and business improvements to integrate data collection, enhance analysis, and encourage reuse.
- Identifies strategic opportunities regarding the use of technologies (e.g., machine learning, business intelligence, data mining, data warehousing, natural language processing, metadata management, master data management and other analytical tools).
- Forms recommendations to organization leadership regarding data management policies for overall agency and government management initiatives and policy goals.
- Designs strategic roadmap for data analysis software packages and analytical infrastructure, to ensure that analysts have access to an appropriate suite of up-to-date tools and data.
- Manages a team of Federal employees and contractors, sets team-wide goals, plans and tracks the progress of goals and provides regular status updates to OMB management, and escalates issues as appropriate.