To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement AND be currently accepted for enrollment or
enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying
educational institution on a full or half-time basis as defined by the
institution in which you are enrolled (Transcripts required)
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is not a requirement for this position.
To qualify, applicants must have successfully completed a four (4) year degree program that has lead to a bachelor's degree (Transcripts with degree conferred date required)
Must be currently enrolled in a qualifying educational institution. (Transcripts with current enrollment required)
A transcript must be submitted with your application.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work in this position is primarily sedentary. Typically the employee will sit comfortably and do the work. There may be some walking and/or standing, bending, and carrying of light items like paper or books. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to walk or ride in an automobile to various locations on and around the university campus.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) based on your application for this position.
KSA 1 Skilled in the use of personal computers, automated office equipment
such as printers, fax machines, scanners, paper shredders, and a variety of
computer software programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
KSA 2 - Ability to to plan effectively, set priorities and coordinate activities within established deadlines.
KSA 3 - Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people orally and in writing.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following web site: All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, you must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: (Failure to comply may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or dismissal after appointment)
- - Applicants must have been accepted for enrollment or be enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half time basis (based on your schools definition of full or half time).
- - Applicants must be at least 16 years of age as of the closing date.
- - Applicants tentatively selected for certain designated positions may be subject to a random drug screening for illegal drug use. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
- - New Appointees will be subject to a background investigation to determine suitability.
- - Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must certify at the time of appointment that they have registered with the Selective Service system or are exempt for having to do so under Selective Service law.
- - Applicants must not be listed on the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of Inspector General Sanctions database.
- - Public Law 95-201 requires that persons appointed to direct patient-care positions must possess the required basic proficiency in spoken and written English.
Note: Upon acceptance of the Pathways Internship, the VA facility will enter into a written agreement with the new Pathways Intern which will include the following:
- A general description of the duties to be performed;
- Work schedules;
- Length of appointment and termination date;
- Mentorship opportunities;
- Training requirements;
- Evaluation procedures that will be used for the participant;
- Requirements for continuation and successful completion of the Program;
- Minimum eligibility requirements for noncompetitive conversion to term or permanent appointment in the competitive service under the specific Pathways Program in which employed; and
- Any other requirements or expectations established by the agency.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.