SCREEN OUT ELEMENT
I have the ability to perform the duties of this position without more than normal supervision. The duties are: performing basic and repetitive manual laboring tasks associated with grounds and facilities management receiving specific and continuous supervision from a supervisor or higher graded employee. I am able to perform simple manual labor tasks such as cleaning office spaces and restrooms, and grounds maintenance tasks such as to keep lawns, picnic areas, playgrounds and/or trails neat and orderly. I have the ability to operate such as heavy power mowers, power trimmers, power edgers, powered weed-eaters and/or related hand tools to perform grounds maintenance work.
Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order).
Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (other than blueprints).
Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
Dexterity and safety.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain a state Driver's License.
Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain a Corps of Engineers Boat Operator's License.
Lifts, carries, loads, unloads and moves materials, supplies and equipment frequently weighting over 50 lb. running power mowers on grades or pushing heavy wheelbarrow loads of cement. Is required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Occasionally works from ladders, scaffolds or platforms.
Work is performed inside and outside in all types of weather (hot, cold, wind, etc.). Employee is exposed to a variety of pests and insects with the possibility of bites, Employee is subject to strain from lifting, broken bones, cuts, bruises, scrapes and falls from ladders. Occasionally is required to wear uncomfortable protective clothing.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- You will be required to sign an Army Internship Program Participant Agreement.
- Pathways Internship Program Participants must remain in good academic standing as defined by their respective qualifying educational institution while participating in the program.
This position requires that the student participate in an accredited post-high school educational program within 70 miles of Lake Kaweah, Lemon Cove, CA, throughout the duration of the student's internship. Students considered are those physically attending a qualifying educational program within 70 miles of Lake Kaweah, Lemon, Cove, CA; OR those students who are participating in a qualifying online or long distance educational program while living within 70 miles of Lake Kaweah, Lemon Cove, CA.
- This is Career Program (CP) 17 positions.
- Required to wear prescribed uniform as identified in regulation, ER 1130-2422, dated 01 October 1991.
NOTE: You must attach a copy of your letter of acceptance or transcripts/school documentation for verification. If living within 70 miles of Lake Kaweah, Lemon Cove, CA, and attending school online or through distance education, the course(s), and/or educational program must clearly indicate its online/distance education nature.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.