About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-NK-13-64, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Nebraska-Kansas Office, Engineering & Infrastructure Services Division, McCook, Nebraska.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Serves as team leader or project manager performing the duties of Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on assigned design projects.
- Serves as civil engineering specialist with responsibility for design of civil structures and features of construction projects such as water conveyance systems, water and sewer systems, pumping plants, irrigation systems, multipurpose dams, and recreation facilities.
- Prepares design data for construction specifications, makes field trips to project sites to review project scope with customers and gathers design data pertinent to site conditions, and provides technical advice and assistance to area office leadership concerning development of engineering plans and collection of design data.
- Prepares civil designs and technical specifications and drawings corresponding to assigned projects. Prepares layouts and final designs. Prepares cost estimates, including Independent Government Cost Estimates.
- Reviews civil portions of engineering designs prepared by others including architect-engineer firms and the Regional Office.