In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient education to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
To qualify for this position you must:
· Have successfully completed four academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree or will within 9 months of the closing date of this announcement.
This position has Conditions of Employment (screen-outs) which will be used to determine minimum qualifications for this position. Applicants not possessing these Conditions of Employment will be found ineligible for this position. The Conditions of Employment are:
· United States citizenship.
· 18 years of age or older.
· Currently accepted for enrollment, currently enrolled, or expecting to enroll in a post-high school educational program to pursue a Master's degree in Biology.
This position has a Selective Placement Factor (screen-out) which will be used to determine minimum qualifications for this position. Applicants not possessing this Selective Placement Factor will be found ineligible for this position. The Selective Placement Factor is:
· Successful completion (or will within 9 months from the closing date of this announcement) of four academic years of post-high school study leading to a Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Biology.
This position has a Quality Ranking Factor that will be used to differentiate best qualified candidates. The Quality Ranking Factor is: A cumulative college grade point average of 2.95 or better prior to entrance on duty.
You are eligible if you are currently accepted for enrollment or enrolled in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
(i) A technical or vocational school;
(ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university;
(iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or
(iv) A home-school curriculum
Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student
Must be taking at least a half-time academic course load, as defined by the school
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements, if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Internship Program Requirements: Must be able to work a minimum work requirement of 16 weeks (640 hours) prior to graduation. Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Internship Program Benefits and Work Schedule: Work schedules may be full or part-time at the discretion of the hiring manager. Student is eligible to earn annual and sick leave, health and life insurance, and retirement benefits.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Internship Program Financial Support: 50% of tuition only support per semester. Allotment of up to $400 for required book expenses. Salary at grade level based upon completion of specific number of academic years. Payment of travel and transportation expenses between the duty station and school may be offered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation, to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
2. Technical Competence: Knowledge of how to perform one's job. Refers to specialized knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience.
3. Conscientiousness: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
4. Integrity/Honesty: Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action; is trustworthy.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
6. Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes.
NOTE: Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application package, or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Internship Program Conditions of Employment: Reporting dates are flexible; however, most students start work at the end of the spring semester. Applicants who have dual citizenship with the United States and any other country cannot be appointed. Applicants with dual citizenship must renounce their citizenship in the foreign country.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Internship Program Student Obligation:
Work for NSWCDD for period of time equivalent to the time for which financial aid was received. The service obligation must be fulfilled after support is received and after successful completion of the degree program. If student resigns or fails to continue employment with NSWCDD, then the student is obligated to repay a prorated portion of the aid received. In the event NSWCDD is unable to convert the student due to administrative reasons (budget constraints, lack of work) the student will not be held liable for the financial aid received and will voluntarily resign or be terminated.