This is a GG-14 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13duties for the "Supervisory/Management" work category are at the "Senior" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ***
RPA# 13NOV9DFM00000006174, 13NOV9DFM00000006675, 13NOV9DFM00000000179
The organizational location of this position is: SPACE/MISSILE SYS CE, Los Angeles AFB, CA.
· The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a supervisor, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned. Responsible for providing assigned Divisions with a comprehensive suite of business planning and financial management services.
· Develops goals and objectives that integrate organization and center objectives. Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies all applicable instructions and regulations.
· Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures and directives of management. Selects/recommends candidates for vacancies, promotions, details and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives.
· Advises Leadership and Program Managers on financial and acquisition strategies. Assess proposed new acquisition activities for reasonableness and feasibility, with emphasis on the financial aspects of the proposed acquisition.
· Determines appropriate organizational level for establishment of standard financial practices.
· Validates essential program financial information identified by subordinates for development of plans such as Financial Plans, Program Plans, and Organizational Strategic Plans.
· Performs technical review and oversight of cost and financial analyses. Reviews basic program plans and strategies on major programs to validate requirement for specific cost or financial analyses to support program implementation.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.