In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems. To be creditable, your resume must further reflect specialized experience, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Experience to deviate from or extend traditional financial management methods and practices in developing solutions to problems where precedents are not applicable and to develop material to supplement and explain agency, command, or finance community guidelines; and knowledge and understanding of all USAF, OSD and Federal financial management processes; of budget policy, processes, DoD's Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS). Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all USAF, OSD and Federal financial management processes.
2. Knowledge of budget policy, processes, DoDs Planning, Programming and Budgeting System (PPBS).
3. Knowledge of weapon System Acquisition policies and procedures.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
5. Skill in financial analysis is required.
6. Ability to deliver briefings is required.
7. Ability to identify critical process elements is required.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. This is a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP). Unless specifically waived the appropriate Component Official (i.e., the Director of Acquisition Career Management for the Component, the Service Acquisition Executive, or the Service Secretary) or if the employee is grandfathered under 10 U.S.C. 1736(1), the following statutorily mandated requirements (Reference 10 U.S.C. 1733 and 1737):
a. Employee must be a member of the Acquisition Corps at the time of employment.
b. Employee must execute, as a condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal Service in this position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
2. Work may occasionally require travel away from normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft; travel destinations may include worldwide locations.
3. Employee must be able to acquire and retain a Top Secret (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access in order to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Employee must pass initial and continued periodic short notice drug testing.
4. The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting, Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable of the duties of the position.
5. Employee is required to submit an initial and annual SF-450 (Financial Disclosure) in accordance with the Joint Ethics Regulation.
6. Employee is expected to meet Continuing Acquisition Education requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.