Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Rockville, Maryland.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-MP-14-1010641 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Evaluates tobacco product marketing applications.
- Assesses date and information related to tobacco product composition and manufacture to determine whether to allow marketing of products.
- Serves as scientific lead in developing rulemakings, guidance documents, and other policy documents.
- Communicates with a broad audience, including consumers, industry, academia, and public health advocates.
- Evaluates scientific studies to determine whether study methodologies are scientifically sound.
- Analyzes and interprets data using appropriate quantitative methods.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% Domestic Only