These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
· The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
· The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
· Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
· For more benefits information please visit: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
· TDY Travel: OCCASIONAL
· A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
· Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Expedited-Hiring Authority.
· This notice is issued under the expedited-hire authority. Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
· This is a critical acquisition position in the DAWIA career field of Life Cycle Logistics. Selectee must meet Acquisition Corps requirements or have an approved waiver prior for placement in this position. All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered--candidates will not be screened out if they do not meet Acquisition Corps requirements. In accordance with the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act and DoD 5000.66, selectee must be Level 3 certified (or be eligible for certification within 24 months of appointment) in the Life Cycle Logistics career field. Mandatory training, experience and education DAWIA requirements will be used during the rating process.
· Selectees for this position must sign a written agreement to remain in the Federal Service in this critical acquisition position for a minimum of three years unless waived.
· We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
· Moving costs MAY be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
· Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
· This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
· DAWIA certification is a condition of employment. Failure to fulfill the certification requirement may lead to a non-disciplinary adverse action, which can include dismissal.
· Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. To view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
· This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
· For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
· You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.