Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Rockville, Maryland.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-MP-14-1016449 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Design and oversee the statistical components of broad and complex research studies aimed at estimating and testing hypotheses.
- Apply mathematical techniques, and perform computerized analyses to determine the adequacy of collected public health data needed to resolve scientific problems, and modify existing techniques and practices to the applicable program.
- Provide consultation and training to professionals inside and outside the Agency, domestically or internationally.
- Recommend to management modifications in the conduct of research and training researchers to introduce new methods and otherwise maintain standards for the application of statistical methods to public health research.
- Occasional Travel
- 3% - Domestic/International