Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As the Dietitian/Nutritionist, in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Nutritional Labeling and Dietary Supplements (OLDS), Infant Formula and Medical Foods Staff (IF/MF Staff) you will serve as a senior science reviewer and policy developer for regulatory activities relating to infant formulas and medical foods.This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CFSAN-MP-14-1007609 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Serve as the scientific and technical expert reviewer of regulatory and public health issues associated with infant formula and medical foods;
- Identify and anticipate development that will have a direct impact on the regulatory programs relative to infant formulas and medical foods;
- Evaluate formula composition, scientific rationale, and data submitted in support of new and reformulated infant formulas;
- Develop and recommend regulatory positions, policies, or initiatives relative to nutrition labeling;
- Provide reviews of food product labeling for adherence to regulations involving nutrient composition information to determine adequacy and accuracy of manufacturer's claims.