Job Title:Financial Systems Specialist
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Job Announcement Number:D-DFAS-1010429-14
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, December 10, 2013 to
Monday, December 16, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Columbus, OH View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in DFAS, Columbus, Deputy Director of Strategy and Support, Info & Technology Dir Office, Corporate Systems, Reporting Systems, Business Reporting Systems.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background Investigation
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as applying automated systems design and processing principles, techniques, policies and regulations related to finance and accounting operations to conduct analysis and evaluations of financial systems; identifying, documenting, and recommending financial system requirements; and providing substantial financial systems support to internal and external customers.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Financial Concepts, Policies and Principles: Apply fiscal law, policies, regulations, principles, standards and procedures to financial management activities.
- Financial Management Analysis: Analyze, evaluate and review budget and program issues and financial data and reports using business tools and applications, cost and economic analysis, and performance metrics to provide recommendations.
- Financial Management Systems: Utilize integrated federal financial management systems and sub-systems to extract data, identify and resolve system problems, and maintain data integrity.
- Communication: The ability to communicate to a varied audience both in writing and orally.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
BENEFITS:Back to top
Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Travel Requirement is Seldom (Less than 25%)
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 85 or are placed into the middle quality level category of "Highly Qualified" under category rating procedures, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.