About the Agency
The AFRH is an independent Federal Agency which most closely resembles a private sector Continuing Care Retirement Community with a geriatric resident population of distinguished Veterans who have served their country. If you would like to work in an environment that nurtures the Health and Wellness philosophy of aging and that provides a continuum of residential Life Care Services in a community setting for our Nation's Heroes, we invite you to visit our website.
As a Nursing Assistant, you will:
- Provide comfort care and hygiene to patients to include bathing, hair and nail care, oral hygiene, skin care, and back rubs.
- Accompany patients to other areas of the facility for scheduled appointments, treatments, recreational, social, and regligious activites, and monitor and care for patients during transport to other medical treatment facilities.
- Accompany residents to planned activities in the community or appointments as required. May be required to remian with the resident when necessary.
- Take accurate vital signs (i.e. blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature) and other required measurements (i.e. height, weight). Recognize implications of changes, and reports to physician and/or nursing supervisior.
- Perform routine procedures in accordance with established standard operating procedures for CNA education. Perform blood-pressure screenings and application of bandages.
- Maintain flow sheets and patient records, documentingp atient care as per expected standards.