The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is widely considered to be one of the best retirement plans in the world and a model for defined contribution plans. We are seeking a champion for its continual improvement.
The FRTIB is an Independent Federal Agency responsible for administering the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). We help Federal employees and members of the Uniformed Services retire with dignity by providing benefits similar to private sector 401(k) plans. The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is widely considered to be one of the best retirement plans in the world and a model for defined contribution plans.
Mission - Our Core Purpose
Administer the TSP solely in the interest of the participants and beneficiaries
Core Values - What We Stand For
The FRTIB is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as the technical expert in the area of HR staffing and employee benefits. Primary duties are to recruit, examine, select, and place employees; advise management in identifying, attracting, and retaining a high-quality and diverse workforce; and to provide guidance and consultation to agencies, current and former employees, annuitants, survivors, and eligible family members regarding retirement, insurance, health benefits, and injury compensation.
The major duties of the position are:
- Utilizes USAStaffing to develop position announcements, accepts, reviews, and rates applications; certifies candidates, assists selecting officials with the selection process; and notifies candidates of the results. Extends job offers, advises management of and negotiates any recruitment incentives, and coordinates the impending entrance on duty.
- Provides orientation and in-processing of new employees, ensuring all required documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Researches the qualifications and skills needed and conducts job analyses with subject-matter experts to distinguish highly qualified applicants from the minimally qualified. Applies OPM qualification standards and ranking factors to analyze applications and make qualifications determinations.
- Responds to and resolves the most difficult HR staffing questions and issues, researching related legal and regulatory requirements to properly advise senior management on most effective and appropriate hiring methods.
- Advises management officials on recruitment sources and develops strategies to ensure maximum results to staffing requirements. Makes use of special employment programs for students, veterans, the disabled, underutilized employees, minorities, and disadvantaged candidates.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) procedures and regulations and maintains a current DEU certification from OPM. Adjudicates and applies veterans preference on all DEU announcements. Counsels selecting officials regarding merit promotion and DEU requirements, placement, and veterans preference procedures.
- Provides ongoing advice and consult to managers and supervisors regarding changes in OPM or Departmental staffing policies which may affect current or future staffing programs and procedures or managements options regarding same.
- Conducts desk audits in order to make classification decisions, advise management officials, and/or recommend the restructuring of positions. Based on audit findings provides written report outlining position information and making unbiased recommendation on final title, series, and grade level.
- Administers benefits programs to include managing open seasons, answering employee questions, and serving as liaison between the carriers and employee/retirees to resolve issues.
- Assists employees in resolving benefit related issues or problems.
- Occasional Travel
- Approximately 5%