The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This is a Department of the Navy Pathways Internship Program Opportunity and is located at in the Trades Department, Marine Corps Maintenance Center Albany, Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany Georgia.
This position has promotion potential to the WG-10 grade level. If selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist mobile equipment mechanics and workers in disassembling and assembling.
· Make repairs, applying modifications and performing other similar duties in the repair and rebuild of body cabs of vehicles.
· Perform routine, less skilled tasks after being instructed in proper method.
· Remove dents, gouges, and otherwise damaged sections of panels and components using hammers and ding block.
· Maintain work area in a clean and orderly state and perform other duties as required.