The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This is a Department of the Navy Pathways Internship Program Opportunity and is located at the Trades Department, Maintenance Center in Albany, Georgia.
This position has promotion potential to the WG-07 grade level. If selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number: SW35401-05-985378MR688562-P. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Learn to prepare work pieces, blasting and pressure washing equipment.
· Learn how to load blasting machine rotary tables or tumble barrels.
· Learn how to properly set timer for various work pieces and conditions.
· Learn to use of scraping tools to remove stubborn tar, scale, paint, etc.
· Learn to maintain equipment in optimum operational condition as specified by preventative maintenance schedules.