You must possess the Basic Requirements identified below to be considered eligible for this position. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Your application or resume must clearly show that you possess the appropriate experience requirement.
GS-5: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-4 grade level; bachelor's degree or 4 years of successfully completed education above high school; and/or combinations of successfully completed post-high school education (in excess of the first 60 semester hours) and experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Examples of speciaized experience are: Performing general clerical support such as greeting visitors, maintaining files, and typing letters; assisting in the analysis of incoming routine and controlled correspondence, including mail, cables, faxes, and documents; reviewing sections of agency or organizational directives and procedures to perform routine tasks such as correspondence work, filing and processing mail.
GS-6: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level; six months (9 semester hours) of successfully completed graduate level education if the coursework is directly related to the work of the position (for example Business Administration); and/or combinations of graduate level educaon that is directly related to the position and specialized experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university.
Examples of specialized experience are: Establishing and maintaining official program files from initial receipt of materials to closeout and disposition of the files; completing support work in the area of human resources or correspondence control; assisting with scheduling and monitoring of procurement transactions for the full range of standard items and services to meet the organization's needs.
To receive consideration for this position, you must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current federal employee in the General Schedule (GS) pay plan and applying for a promotion opportunity, you must meet time-in-grade requirements with 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. This requirement must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
May be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Ability to perform advanced clerical tasks
- Knowledge of clerical policies, procedures and practices.
- Skill in using automation software
- Ability to prepare documents and reports
- Ability to prepare budget and fiscal documents
- We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
- Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates need to meet minimum qualification requirements to be referred.
Note : If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted docmentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Clicking the link below will prsent a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=ac95127c-c7fd-45c4-8027-a27a0113bb6b
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=01c841e6-1fd7-46e3-99d0-a282010161ea