In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: I
possess six (6) months of general experience. General experience includes
reception duties (e.g., answering telephones, greeting and referring visitors);
general clerical duties (e.g., receive and distribute incoming mail, maintain
paper filing or record systems); operate standard office equipment (e.g.,
telephone, computer keyboard, fax, photocopier, calculator, etc.). This
experience may have been gained in any of the following fields: child care,
office, customer service, volunteer organizations, restaurants, retail and
other like businesses.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following area:
Education and/or Experience
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
A high school diploma or a Certificate of High School
Equivalency. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your letter of acceptance or
transcript/school documentation for verification.)
Completion of one (1) year of education above high school. (NOTE: You
must attach a copy of your letter of acceptance or transcript/school
documentation for verification.)
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Salary includes local market supplement.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- You will be
required to sign an Army Internship Program Participant Agreement.
Internship Program Participants must remain in good academic standing as
defined by their respective qualifying educational institution while
participating in the program.
- This position
requires that the student participate in an accredited post-high school
educational program within 65 miles of Abiquiui, New Mexico throughout the duration of the
student's internship. Students considered are those physically attending a
qualifying educational program within 65 miles of Abiquiui, New Mexico; OR those students
who are participating in a qualifying online or long distance educational
program while living within 65 miles of Abiquiui, New Mexico
must attach a copy of your letter of acceptance or transcripts/school
documentation for verification. If living within 65 miles of Abiquiui, New Mexico and
attending school online or through distance education, the course(s), and/or
educational program must clearly indicate its online/distance education nature.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.