PATHWAYS PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
You are eligible if you are currently accepted for enrollment or enrolled in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
To qualify for this position you must have:
Completion of (or completion within in 9 months of the closing date of this announcement) 2 full academic years of post-high school study
Completion (or completion within in 9 months of the closing date of this announcement)an associate's degree.
This position has Selective Placement Factors (screen-outs) which will be used to determine minimum qualifications for this position. Applicants not possessing these Selective Placement Factors will be found ineligible for this position. The Selective Placement Factors are:
United States citizenship.
18 years of age or older.
Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher degree in Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis, Industrial Engineering, or General Engineering with a focus of Mechanical or Electrical from an ABET accredited institution.
This position has a Quality Ranking Factor that will be used to differentiate best qualified candidates. The Quality Ranking Factor is: A cumulative college grade point average of 2.50 or better prior to entrance on duty.
PROGRAM COMPLETION AND CONVERSION:
· Interns may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, to a term position lasting 1-4 years) within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
· To be eligible for conversion, Interns must:
o Be a US Citizen
o Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
o Complete their degree or certificate requirements
o Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
o Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participants Agreement, and
o Perform their job successfully
· Agencies may waive up to 320 of the required 640 hours of work for Interns who demonstrate high potential as evidenced by outstanding academic achievement and exceptional job performance.
· In addition, students working in agencies through third-party intern providers may count up to 320 of the hours they work toward the 640 hour requirement.
Time spent under previous Internship Program appointments may count towards required work experience hours.
QUALIFYING EDUCATION FOR THE PATHWAYS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
(i) A technical or vocational school;
(ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university;
(iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or
(iv) A home-school curriculum
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements, if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your education and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation, to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
2. Conscientiousness: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
3. Integrity/Honesty: Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action; is trustworthy.
4. Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
5. Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes.
NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application package, or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.
NOTE: Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.