To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Basic Requirements: Education -- Degree in dental surgery (D.D.S.) or dental medicine (D.M.D.) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA); or other dental school, provided the education and knowledge acquired was substantially equivalent to that of graduates from an ADA-approved school.
Licensure: Applicants must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
Additional Requirements for Grade GS-13:
· Approved internship; approved residency -- Training in a hospital dental internship or residency approved by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association.
· Graduate-level study-- Either dental study leading to an advanced degree such as Master of Science, or postgraduate (nondegree) dental school study involving a level of instruction comparable to that provided in a graduated degree program.
· National certifying board -- An examining board in a special area of dental practice recognized by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association.
· Board eligibility -- Qualification for examination by a national certifying board as a result of having met the training program requirements for a dental specialty.
Experience and/or training must be one of the following types:
· Post-licensure professional experience in the general practice of dentistry.
· Approved internship training.
· Approved residency training.
· Graduate-level study in an accredited dental school.
· Post-licensure professional experience in a specialized area of practice.
· Other advanced study or training (outside a dental school or hospital) creditable towards satisfaction of training program requirements for Board eligibility.
In addition to Meeting the Basic Requirement: For GS-13: Three years of professional dentistry experience and/or training equilavent to at least that of a Board Eligible.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience is defined as, work concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases, injuries and deformities of the teeth, the jaws, organs of the mouth, and other structures and connective tissues associated with the oral cavity.
Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to distinguish shades of color.
SUPERVISORY OR MANAGERIAL ABILITIES: Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess, or have the potential to develop, the qualities of successful supervision, as listed under the appropriate category below:
a. Ability to motivate, train, and work effectively with subordinates who have a variety of backgrounds and training.
b. Ability to accomplish the quality and quantity of work expected within set limits of cost and time.
c. Ability to plan own work and carry out assignments effectively.
d. Ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to the work.
e. Ability to understand and further management goals as these affect day-to-day work operations.
f. Ability to develop improvements in or design new work methods and procedures.
(Freeform) Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks:
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, December 24, 2013
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions will be evaluated against the duties you provided in your resume, along with your submitted documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Technical Competency/Medical Reasoning
- Diagnostic Tasks
- Administration and Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Supervisory and Managerial Abilities
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the Assessment questions. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance:
Click here to view vacancy questions: View Assessment Questions. All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date of, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, to be considered.