Come Join Our Team of Chaplains who provide a complete range of spiritual care ministries to veterans and their families.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
This is a part-time (16 hours per week) position for a Staff Chaplain at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center located in Fargo, ND. The Chaplain provides spiritual ministry and Protestant worship services, particularly for patients in Palliative Care, Hospice, and Community Living. VA Chaplains assure that Veterans' right to free exercise of religion is upheld; and that they are protected from proselytizing.
The salary is paid for the hours worked. The hourly salary range is $27.51 to $35.76.
Please read the entire vacancy announcement before applying.
The Chaplain's duties include:
- Providing Protestant worship services
- Completing spiritual assessments
- Documenting assessments and care provided in electronic medical records
- Guiding Veterans with selection of prayer, scripture, meditation readings and/or other literature
- Counseling Veterans for religious, spiritual, moral and ethical problems in accordance with the patients' desires