The announcement has been amended to extend the closing date.
Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
As a Human Resources Specialist in the Human Resources Division, you will develop and implement human resources regulations, policies, and procedures. You will provide a full range of human resources services (e.g. staffing, recruitment, benefits and performance management).
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
· Provides human resources generalist support to Agency customers.
· Solves a range of interrelated human resources management problems and issues.
· Provides position classification services determining the appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title and pay level of positions.
· Provides advisory services regarding classification, staffing, benefits, and performance management.
· Assists management with accessing the need for and development of internal training.
· Recommends innovative methods and strategies to resolve HR issues.
· Provides advice and information to staff and employees on a variety of benefit and retirement related issues, including but not limited to, annuity calculations, survivor issues, health and life insurance benefits continuation into retirement, and application requirements.