Real solutions to meet genuine challenges. Innovative ideas to take on growing realities. That's the Federal Highway Administration - Leaders in Paving the Way on the Road to Success.
Come work at one the best places to work in the Federal Government. For the second consecutive year, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) ranks among the top 20 out of more than 200 Federal agencies to work in Federal Government.
Vacancy is limited to the first 50 applications and will close early at midnight on the day we receive the 50th application.
This position serves as the Supervisory Information Technology Specialist in the Business Operation Group, Information Technology Division (ITD), Office of Administration, Washington Headquarters. This position is responsible for the oversight and direction on the agency records, and files programs; Privacy Act programs; Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA); information collection and related Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) and Government Paperwork Elimination Act (GPEA) activities; Budget program; Information Technology Program/Project Management programs; and special projects under the general direction of the Deputy Chief Information Officer/Chief - Information Technology Division.
The ideal candidate for this position will have three or more years of experience with project management, leading medium to large teams including staff, budget, and client relationships. The candidate would also have knowledge of the principles, concepts and practices of information technology management. He or she would possess a solid background in oversight of records management. Candidate should also have IT Security, Risk Assessment and Mitigation experience.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC), you will
- Provide direction and oversight on agency records, and files programs; privacy Act programs; Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA); Information collection and, Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) and Government Paperwork Elimination Act (GPEA) activities.
- Develop, implement, oversee and monitor the design, integration, and implementation of IT systems (voice, video, and data) supporting 3,900 customers in 60 locations.
- Initiate, directs and participates in security audits, security reviews and risk assessments,
- Ensure FHWA’s compliance with applicable statutory, Federal and DOT policies, and provides liaison on security issues, policies and practices.
- Monitor program certification and accreditation of critical systems and infrastructures.