Job Title: Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-15 (Open to U.S. Citzens) SBJob Announcement Number: FHWA.HAD-2014-0010
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Federal Highway Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 to
Thursday, December 05, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - -
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen.
All candidates will be considered under the Direct Hire Authority granted by OPM. For more information on Direct Hire Authorities, visit OPM at http://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
Real solutions to meet genuine challenges. Innovative ideas to take on growing realities. That's the Federal Highway Administration - Leaders in Paving the Way on the Road to Success.
Come work at one the best places to work in the Federal Government. For the second consecutive year, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) ranks among the top 20 out of more than 200 Federal agencies to work in Federal Government.
Vacancy is limited to the first 50 applications and will close early at midnight on the day we receive the 50th application.
This position serves as the Supervisory Information Technology Specialist in the Business Operation Group, Information Technology Division (ITD), Office of Administration, Washington Headquarters. This position is responsible for the oversight and direction on the agency records, and files programs; Privacy Act programs; Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA); information collection and related Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) and Government Paperwork Elimination Act (GPEA) activities; Budget program; Information Technology Program/Project Management programs; and special projects under the general direction of the Deputy Chief Information Officer/Chief - Information Technology Division.
The ideal candidate for this position will have three or more years of experience with project management, leading medium to large teams including staff, budget, and client relationships. The candidate would also have knowledge of the principles, concepts and practices of information technology management. He or she would possess a solid background in oversight of records management. Candidate should also have IT Security, Risk Assessment and Mitigation experience.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC), you will
- Provide direction and oversight on agency records, and files programs; privacy Act programs; Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA); Information collection and, Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) and Government Paperwork Elimination Act (GPEA) activities.
- Develop, implement, oversee and monitor the design, integration, and implementation of IT systems (voice, video, and data) supporting 3,900 customers in 60 locations.
- Initiate, directs and participates in security audits, security reviews and risk assessments,
- Ensure FHWA’s compliance with applicable statutory, Federal and DOT policies, and provides liaison on security issues, policies and practices.
- Monitor program certification and accreditation of critical systems and infrastructures.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience developing and approving requirements and policies for Information Technology (IT) solutions in an organization.
- Experience leading a team of IT Specialists, providing oversight and direction related to information collection, paper and electronic records, file management and security vulnerability remediation.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- You must complete a one-year supervisory probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS FOR RATING:
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements. Applicants will not be rated or ranked. All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume, essay responses, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be reviewed from consideration.
Ultimately, the Automated Staffing Office is responsible for determining an applicant's eligibility. Please ensure that your resume and narrative responses provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.