Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-NK-13-63, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Physical Scientist (GIS), Geographer (GIS), or Cartographer (GIS). You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Nebraska-Kansas Area Office, Programs Management Division, Water Management & Development Group, McCook, Nebraska.
For living conditions, go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
This is an interdisciplinary position. Position may be filled by Physical Scientist (GIS), GS-1301; Geographer (GIS), GS-0150; or Cartographer (GIS), GS-1370.
First-Post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments and reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Plans, coordinates and manages geographic information system (GIS) activities and applications for the Area Office.
- Provides technical support, advice, consultation, and assistance to various levels of staff to identify and develop GIS applications.
- Develops geo-referenced digital databases and ensures database information is correctly linked to appropriate mapping elements so that analyses of information can be performed.
- Responsible for administration and coordination of state water rights held by Reclamation and project beneficiaries. Reviews record drawings to ensure drawings and associated project data are complete and accurate.
- Coordinates and processes land inclusion and exclusion petitions, district boundary changes, mapping of perfected water rights, and applications for water right transfers from irrigation districts. Prepares tract maps, legal descriptions, and report of ownerships.