The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position serves as the Assistant to the Director of Facilities in the Facilities Maintenance Department, Naval War College, Newport, RI and is in charge of Operations. This position reports directly to the Director, Facilities Maintenance, Office of the Deputy/Chief of Staff, Naval War College (NWC), Newport, RI. The Facilities Department is responsible for the maintenance, repair, operation, and construction of the NWC facilities and grounds including 15 buildings and 35 acres on Costal Harbor Island. This includes 550,000 SF of staff offices, classrooms and support facilities.
- Manages the commands on line work request system ensuring that all service calls are assigned, executed, and prioritized within the three shops.
- Identifies problems in the trade assignment or user interface for correction; work with the manufacturer to modify the program to better suit department needs; supervises the service desk operations; and conducts in-house training on maintenance direct software.
- Designs reports form Maintenance Direct software program to evaluate work request performance, labor efficiency, repetitive work, maintenance trends, need for training, individual performance questions, and anticipate future requirements.
- Coordinates all in house projects ensuring that the project requirements are identified up front and communicated to the respective teams in Facilities, to contractors, to material suppliers, and tenants, working around mission schedules.
- Develops and implements a maintenance program to insure all real property installed equipment receives required inspections, services and maintenance.