Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
The Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Army intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Managements qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/.
Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program Eligibles
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
In this position, you will serve as a Budget Technician for the Bonneville Lock and Dam. At the full performance level, you will compile and monitor budget information for the multipurpose facilities at the project. You will be responsible for maintaining up-to-date records of programs and expenditures for on-site operations and maintenance involving such items as labor costs, materials and supplies, contracts, travel, etc. This involves examining, verifying, and utilizing a variety of budgetary documents. You will prepare detailed monthly reports showing current status of funds by project. You will also assist in the development of operational budgets for the multiple units of the project. You will compile data required for project personnel for use in special reports such as analysis trends. You will identify cost accounts, organization codes, accounting elements, and object classification codes and will ensure correct account and sub-account numbers are used. In addition, you may perform administrative duties such as assisting with personnel administration, arrange for employee physicals, verify billings for payment, and monitor performance appraisals to ensure on time completion.