Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency is a rich resource of indispensable partners who contribute to and benefit from integrated missions and programs. We are an independent combat support agency within the Department of Defense (DoD). We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
Defense Contract Management Agency uses the
Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals
directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Performs various contract administration functions, including monitoring canceled funds, performing reconciliation, conducting contract closeouts, maintaining database integrity, determining eligibility, and verifying evidence of contractor progress for approval of contract financing, and solving problems relating to assigned contracts.
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with the buying office on contractor's requests for waivers or deviations from contract terms. Resolves delivery schedule problems with contractor and buying activity, and negotiates delivery schedule changes.
- Receives requests from procuring activities for specific services and/or products specified under BOAs, or by provisioning and spare parts clauses of contracts. Reviews requests and meets with the contractor to assure understanding of the requirements. Prepares, for the ACOs signature, an unpriced order for the item or service to enable the contractor to begin work. Maintains funds status to insure that over-obligation does not occur.
- Performs final closeout of assigned contracts; e.g., assures delivery, inspection and acceptance of contractual end items and that all administrative and reporting actions have been resolved before recommending final closeout of the contract.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel is required 10 percentage of the time