Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer. Responsibilities include providing estimates of construction and major equipment cost for planning through final designs for heavy civil water resource projects. Responsible for the preparation of Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE) for new contracts and changes to existing contracts; and to provide water resources engineering expertise for the development of cost estimates for funding approval.
Would you enjoy preparing various types of estimates for the Technical Service Center? You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
You can progress from $61,612K to $73,848K in 1 year! Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential! Great Benefits Package: paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
- Prepares various levels of estimates for heavy civil water resource projects
- Directs/prepares cost estimates for appraisal and feasibility level concepts, and project cost estimates to support congressional authorization, from 10's of millions of dollars to over a billion dollars.
- Prepares independent Government cost estimates for multi-million dollar features.
- Reviews cost estimates prepared in regional offices, project offices, and third parties.
- Analyzes bids received from contractors for Reclamation construction
- Develops criteria and procedures for maintaining current bid price data.