The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal and Urban operated facilities and programs.
For information on the IHS visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Navajo Region,
Shiprock Service Unit, Northern Navajo Medical Center, Division of
Nursing Services, Branch of Obstetrical/Nursery Unit. Responsible for nursing services and nursing care on the Obstetric: Labor/Delivery, Post-Partum, and Newborn Nursery inpatient unit. Reports directly to Chief Nurse Executive.
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
- Responsible for work planning, monitoring, and evaluating subordinates'
- Collaborates with all providers to establish unit objectives.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care to patients.
- Provides instructions, explanation and training in tasks and job
- Maintains competency in current nursing skills, knowledge, practices,