As a Student Intern, you will work in the Office of Strategy and Communications. You will perform general office automation duties.
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, you can make history at the National Archives. Our dedicated staff works across a variety of career fields to safeguard the records of the Federal Government - more than 10 billion of them.
Visit our Employee Gallery at www.archives.gov/careers to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the National Archives!
For more informaiton visit: http://archives.gov/
For more information on the National Personnel Records Center visit: http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/
Who May Apply: Student Internship Program Eligibles
Student Intern Program: This position is being filled under the new Pathways Internship Program which provide opportunities for high school, vocational and technical, undergraduate, graduate, and professional students to be exposed to the work of the Federal government.
Student Definition: Students must be accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc,) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which you are enrolled) and be in good academic standing throughout the duration of the appointment, including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program under Public Law 93-842.
Position Duration/Expectation: Positions will be temporary not-to-exceed 1 year. May be extended in up to 1 year increments based on continued need/funds for the position and the student's continued compliance in the Intern Program. Completion of this Internship will not lead to permanent or term employment with NARA.
As a Student Trainee (Office Automation Clerk), you are responsible for general office/clerical work. Typical work assignments include:
· Assisting staff members as needed in tasks related to social media.
· Coding current and past Prologue articles and prepares image files for posting to the web.
· Coding and posting material to the Declarations, the internal staff newsletter, and other various websites maintained by Strategy and Communications.
· Organizing photos and image files used in publications.
· Writing a variety of articles, blogs, correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
· Performing other editorial and clerical duties as assigned.