The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in Commandant of Midshipmen Finance Office in Bancroft Hall and serves as the principle accounting technician to the Commandant's Finance Office and provides a majority of services to Commandant of Midshipmen faculty and staff (military and civilian employees) and to the Brigade of Midshipmen.
· Perform account maintenance and accounting support by examining, verifying, maintaining, and reconciling accounts.
· Examine documents for accuracy, adequacy of documentation, and compliance with regulations.
· Establish, maintain, correct, and close pay accounts for personnel.
· Process and monitor travel claim vouchers.
· Compile and consolidate funding data in support of budget analysis and administration.