CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
Incumbent serves as the Chief of the Spanish Service within the Latin America Division of the Voice of America.
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY AN UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support service; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Manages and supervises the work of staff and contractors
· Ensures the Service staff produces high quality radio, television, online and mobile content, including news reports, analysis, interviews and other interactive discussions
· Monitors radio, television, online, mobile and social media output got style and balance
· Recruits and select staff for the Service
· Provide content to affiliate stations in Latin America
· Implements policies and procedures, provide advice, counsel and instruction to employees
- Occasional Travel
- Domestic and International Travel may be required