DEPARTMENT OF COMPACT OPERATIONS INTERN: Opportunities with the M&E, Infrastructure, Agriculture and Land, Social and Gender Assessment, Financial Services and other Teams. Projects may include assisting with research and data analyses in project design and framework monitoring; research on credit trends, development investment funds, and microfinance products and other duties as assigned. Experience working in a developing country is preferred.
FRONT OFFICE INTERN: Assist the DCO Front Office, responsible for compact reporting and data, with data entry, research and data analysis, knowledge management, and Compact development. Projects may include:
· Assist with data entry of financial and compact related data.
· Support the development of analytical reports to assist DCO with assessing country performance.
· Assist with knowledge management processes.
Applicants must be graduate students with a demonstrated interest and background working on data analysis, business processes and reporting. Experience with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) a plus.
EHCD INTERN : Assist with literature reviews, program analysis, and knowledge management on human development related MCC investments, strategies, best practices and lessons learned. Tasks may include:
· Assisting in research to build a sector and economic literature database supporting the justification of education, health, and community development projects. Familiarity with and ability to interpret economic research a plus;
· Supporting the organization of a human and community development learning events;
· Helping to organize a brownbag presentation for MCC staff
· Becoming familiar with and supporting EHCD country team projects and country responsibilities .
WATER INTERN: Assist with program analysis, partnerships and knowledge management on MCC water related investments, strategy, best practices and lessons learned which will help MCC its comparative advantage as a donor in the water sector. Projects may include:
· Assisting with conducting research and data analyses in the areas of project design and framework monitoring; research on water and sanitation infrastructure access trends;
· Supporting socio-economic and environmental impact assessments related to the access to water and sanitation infrastructure;
· Assisting with data documentation of current methods for monitoring and evaluating compact programs;
· Gathering comparative financial data, budget reporting and spreadsheet manipulation;
· Provide technical analysis of MCC water supply and sanitation projects to develop public and internal reports;
· Research to support water and sanitation project leads during Compact Development and Implementation
· Support for MCC partnership creation in the water sector.
Applicants must be graduate students and previous experience working in the water sector.
ESA INTERN : Assist with program analysis and knowledge management on MCC related investments, best practices and lessons learned. Projects may include:
· Assisting with conducting research and data analyses in the areas of project design and framework monitoring;
· Researching, documenting and organizing best practices on environment and social assessment methods including tools related to the International Finance Corporation Performance Standards and other tasks.
· Supporting socio-economic and environmental impact assessments related compact development and implementation
Applicants must be graduate students.
SGA INTERN: Assist with research and data analysis, knowledge management, and Compact development. Projects may include:
· Conduct a literature review of social inequality constraints to poverty reduction and growth in new Compact countries and provide other support to the Compact development process.
· Support communications and outreach activities, including preparation for any events or forums, research and writing of success stories and project examples.
· Support other SGA Team priorities
Applicants must be graduate students in good with a demonstrated interest in working on social and gender issues.
MOROCCO COMPACT DEVELOPMENT INTERN: Assist with research and data analysis, knowledge management, and Compact development. Intern projects may include:
· Conducting research and analysis of key sectors, socio-political issues, and other relevant topics relevant for development of Morocco's second compact, writing literature reviews and briefing documents for the team to support project development.
· Providing support for outreach or stakeholder consultation events held in Washington to support the Morocco 2 compact
· Developing tools to facilitate communication and information sharing with Government of Morocco counterparts and other contributors to compact development
The applicant should be proficient in French and have experience with research and analytical writing. Experience using SharePoint and Microsoft Project is a plus.