Job Title:Student Volunteer Intern Spring 2014 - Office of the CEO, Investment and Risk Management Division
Agency:Millennium Challenge Corporation
Job Announcement Number:MCC-999214-INTERN
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Without Compensation|
|Friday, November 22, 2013 to
Friday, December 06, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules -
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Whether you are new to the Federal government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our website at Millennium Challenge Corporation to see the dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
The MCC Student Volunteer Internship Program is recruiting for its Spring 2014 session. Internships are provided for students with a desire to work in the international development field and/or public sector and assignments are designed to complement the intern's educational pursuits while meeting the expressed needs of the agency and individual MCC departments.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be enrolled at least halftime in an accredited degree/diploma program
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be able to successfully complete a background investigation
DUTIES:Back to top
INVESTMENT AND RISK MANAGEMENT DIVISION: Candidates will have an opportunity to assist with a wide-range of duties related to assessing and addressing risks and good practices pertaining to program planning and operations during compact development and implementation.
· Risk Management Intern: Interns will assist with conducting research and analyses on risk management issues, practices, and experiences in compact operations, using internal documents, external research, and direct interaction with stakeholders; developing or reviewing guided interview forms for use in collecting information; conducting guided or free-form interviews with relevant stakeholders; collecting, collating, and analyzing quantitative data; drafting portions of lessons learned, good practice, and other documents for use by MCC staff and country counterparts; helping prepare recommendations, including presentations, fact sheets, success stories, etc.; creating/maintaining resource libraries; attending and reporting on internal and external meetings; and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify:
· Must be currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited degree/diploma program (unless higher level program is specified)
· Must be in good academic standing
Must be in good academic standing
Must be a US Citizen
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the requirements to apply. If you meet the requirements, your application/resume will be referred for consideration.