DEPARTMENT OF POLICY & EVALUATION: Candidates will have an opportunity to assist with a wide-range of duties related to policy and program evaluation of MCC countries.
· POLICY RESEARCH INTERN
The Policy Research Intern will work with staff in the office of the VP to research, compile and provide analysis on a range of development policy issues related to MCCs work. Topics could include inclusive growth, aid transparency, country ownership, innovative finance, global poverty, and more. The Policy Intern will use MCC and external resources to:
1. Write high quality, policy relevant analyses and talking points, often at short notice.
2. Summarize current research, evidence, and policy positions.
3. Create and organize an online document library, including annotated bibliography entries, facts for use in talking points, etc.
4. Position requires knowledge of international development, excellent writing and analytical skills, and an ability to translate academic research to inform policymakers. The position requires an ability to quickly grasp new topics, identify most important sources of research and information, and produce cogent analyses. Flexibility, humility and sense of humor highly desired.
· ECONOMIC ANALYSIS INTERN:
Interns will provide analytical support for MCC Economists conducting Constraints Analyses (Growth Diagnostics); provide technical and analytical support to MCC Economists conducting cost-benefit analysis and beneficiary analysis for proposed or re-scoped MCC investments; prepare reports, spreadsheets, data and documentation; develop other materials including factsheets, guides for use of spreadsheets, and other public communications tools; conduct research and analysis in support of other activities within the Economic Analysis Division and the Department of Policy and Evaluation; and undertake other duties as assigned.
· Policy & Evaluation Intern:
o Interns will assist with data documentation of current methods for monitoring and evaluating compact programs; Review M&E business process as it relates to developing the management information system and website reporting (MIS); conduct research and prepare reports on donor involvement in Threshold countries; generating quantitative and qualitative summaries of country policy performance and indicators; preparing country program summaries, performance measurements, and results data for publication and website posting; monitoring and tracking country policy issues and drafting summaries of issue findings; assisting with preparing policy data reports for MCC senior management, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders; creating/maintaining resource libraries; maintaining the 'MCC Effect' database by researching and logging summaries and sources of findings on instances where MCC has been linked with incentives for policy reform in candidate countries; attending internal and external meetings; and other duties as assigned.