Applicants must have Information Technology (IT) related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the competencies listed above, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade GS/CG-13 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in architecting, engineering,, testing and implementing Identity Management solutions such as Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services, Forefront Identity Manager, and Oracle Identity Manager to support Identity requirements from systems and applications. Includes hands-on experience in the integration and implementation of an enterprise Identity Management framework including capabilities such as provisioning, multifactor authentication, authorization and federation.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of information technology network platforms (Wintel, UNIX, mainframe, desktop, remote services), telecommunication operating systems, significant platform system software, and other supplemental software.
2. Knowledge of Identity Management technologies and capabilities such as authentication, authorization and federation.
3. Knowledge of Identity Management solutions and systems such as Active Directory Federation Services, Forefront Identity Manager, and Oracle Identity Manager.
4. Skill in applying industry standards on Identity Federation such as Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) in developing and integrating customized solutions to support full life cycle development of enterprise Identity Management Services.
5. Ability to communicate in writing.
6. Ability to communicate in orally.You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here.