Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
· Orientation program
· Mentorship throughout the Program.
· Individual Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities.
· At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program.
· Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
· Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
· Demonstrated successful job performance.
· Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS GS 07:
You must have a degree that meets the requirements for Superior Academic Achievement through one of the following methods. No more than 10% of academic credit can be based on pass/fail or similar non-traditional grading systems.
· 2.95 GPA overall or higher or in last 2 yrs (= or less than 10% Pass/Fail)
· 3.45 GPA or higher in major or in last 2 yrs in major (= or less than 10% Pass/Fail)
· Upper 1/3 ranking in graduating class (you must submit proof with your application)
· National Scholastic Honor Society. Membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision. (You must submit proof with your application)
OR Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service assisting with the coordination of the delivery of resources (people, supplies, information, etc) to meet organizational requirements.
OR Education: One full academic year of graduate education (18 semester hours) in a field directly related to this position (completed by June 30, 2014).
OR Combination of Education and Experience: Applicants that possess a percentage of the required specialized experience and a percentage of the required graduate level of education such that, when the percentages of the required graduate education and specialized experience are added together, they equal 100%. (Only graduate education and only professional experience equivalent to the GS-5 or higher is creditable.)
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0300/0346.htm
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: TAG:Link to Questions Only
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF THEIR TRANSCRIPTS. DEGREE AUDITS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. IF SELECTED, AN OFFICIAL/SEALED TRANSCRIPT WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO AN APPOINTMENT DATE BEING ESTABLISHED. You may submit your transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned, through the "Application Manager" system or by fax. This is the only method in which transcripts can be submitted. Failure to provide this information may result in an ineligible rating. (Faxing instructions may be found under the "How to Apply" section.)
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
- A secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal.If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
- This position has promotion potential to the 12 grade. if selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
- Applicants will be required to sign a mobility agreement upon acceptance of position. Failure to agree to mobility agreement will result in revocation of a position offer.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation, to determine your eligibility for the position. NOTE: If it is determined that your application package does not support the minimum requirements of the position or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible or not qualified.