DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE: Candidates will have an opportunity to assist in a wide-range of administrative duties essential to performing key business operations.
Administrative Intern: Will assist with performing research, analyses, and corrective actions of financial and personnel related data; document retrieval from automated information systems; updating employee training records and running training compliance reports; assisting in the maintenance and revisions of MCC policies, procedures, and guidance documents; maintaining and updating employee/vendor; creating/maintaining resource libraries
· OPEN DATA Intern: Will assist with implementation of Open Data initiative at MCC. The candidate will interact with subject matter experts and data owners inside the agency and work on collection, analyzing, cleanup/quality control and publication of the open data. The successful candidate will also develop prototype applications and data visualizations that use agency data. Other duties will include creating metadata, data dictionaries and other documentation defining existing datasets. Candidate should have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to understand how data can be used to better tell a story behind agency work. The candidate should be able to easily work with abstract and highly technical concepts, explain complex functionality to non-technical users and staff, multitask, and concentrate on intricate projects and small details for long periods of time.
· Business productivity Intern: Will assist MCC in exploring 1) enterprise social media, 2) cloud file-sharing systems (Google Drive, Box, OMBs MAX system, SharePoint Online, etc.), and 3) other fields as needed, such as wikis, customer relationship management systems, and content management systems. The candidate will be based within the front office of the Department of Administration & Finance, but works with MCC staff across all departments, particularly the business end-users in the Department of Compact Operations.
· Information technology Intern: The Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) is currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to serve as interns to assist in the performance of its mission providing support services for MCC. Participants in the program will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission of the OCIO.
· Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) - Students will be expected to attend meetings, gather actions, follow-up up with personnel, raise obstacles to the appropriate level. Students also will be assigned research activities on new technologies, writing assignments such as policy and procedure development and presentation development. Experience with use of SharePoint, PowerPoint and other MS office tools.
· Office of Records Management (RIM) - Seeking library science or archival students to work on projects that include inventory records, scheduling, conducting interviews, and gathering information. Experience working with electronic and/or paper records management, as well as a familiarity with National Archives Records Administration (NARA) or federal records management is ideal.
· CONTRACTS AND GRANTS MANAGEMENT INTERN: Will perform a variety of duties including filing/distributing contract documents; researching /assembling information for reports, briefings, and conferences; following-up with staff members to ensure documents are completed; maintaining special records/reports; a full range of administrative work using office automation systems (i.e. word processing, electronic calendars, spreadsheets, database management, document scanning, briefing and presentation programs), various other software applications; and other duties as assigned.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERN: Will assist with review and preparation of budget and accounting materials for internal and external audiences, including MCC's CFO, senior staff, and CEO; assist in tracking Congressional actions related to the federal budget and appropriations process; participate in work related to preparation of MCC's annual performance plan and/or strategic plan, and requirements of the Government Performance and Results Act; assist with developing and reorganizing MCC's library of budget and accounting information and internal files/knowledge management. Assist in the research and analysis of financial and accounting data as assigned; with MCCs external reporting requirements; with the compilation, verification and validation of MCC obligation and expenditure data; with the compilation, verification and validation of MCC accounting accrual, and advances data; in the maintenance and revisions of the overall MCC financial management policies, procedures and guidance documents; provide support in maintaining all pertinent financial information for the division in Microsoft SharePoint site; and other projects as assigned.