This job announcement has been extended and will close on 1/6/2014.
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
You will serve as a Senior Research Scientist and Director for the Nanotechnology Core Facility which contains two groups (electron microscopy; particle elemental analysis and spectroscopy). The position is located at the National Center for Toxicological Research, Office of Scientific Coordination, in Jefferson, Arkansas.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-NCTR-MP-14-1001540 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Serves as the resident expert in the characterization of nanoscale materials and detection of these materials in biological systems.
- Leads a team of researcher who conduct characterization and detection methodologies on nanoscale materials.
- Oversees all phases of the research programs including the direction of protocol design, and oversight of the execution of experiences, and the evaluation of prepared data.
- Directs the establishment of multi-phase basic and applied research spanning multiple scientific disciplines with a primary focus on the use of microscopy and spectroscopy techniques as diagnostic tools to characterize and detect nanomaterials.
- Leads the team of electron microscopy and spectroscopy experts in maintaining he current high capability status of the facility equipment.
- Occasional Travel
- Domestic travel may be required