Applicants must demonstrate that they meet one (A, B, or C) of the educational requirements (I) and the specialized experience (II) requirements as noted below:
I. Educational Requirements
A. Basic Educational Requirement for the GS-0401, Biologist:
Possession of a four year degree in a biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position; Transcript(s) must be submitted with application package prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Possession of a combination of education and experience - Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Transcript(s) must be submitted with application package prior to the closing date of the announcement.
B. Basic Educational Requirement for the GS-0405, Pharmacologist:
Possession of a degree in an appropriate biological, medical, veterinary, or physical science, or in pharmacy that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry and physiology and 12 semester hours in pharmacology. (Courses in chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, general physiology, and animal, human, microbial, or cellular physiology may be used to meet the 30-semester hour requirement in chemistry and physiology. Courses in pharmacology, pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutic, molecular pharmacology, and other similar subjects may be used to meet the 12-semester hour requirement in pharmacology. Courses dealing intensively with pharmacologically-oriented subjects may also be used to meet this requirement.) Transcript(s) must be submitted (demonstrating specific coursework listed above) with application package prior to the closing date of the announcement.
C. Basic Educational Requirement for the GS-1320, Chemist:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in the physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics. Transcript(s) must be submitted (demonstrating specific coursework listed above) with application package prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Possession of a combination of education and experience. This includes course work equivalent to a major as shown in A above, including at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Transcript(s) must be submitted (demonstrating specific coursework listed above) with application package prior to the closing date of the announcement.
II. Specialized Experience Requirements
You must possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service, that included serving as the technical expert on nanoscale activities, developing and implementing studies for project teams related to quantifying nanomaterials; and leading a team of electron microscopy and spectroscopy experts in research activities.
This position requires specific coursework and/or a degree to meet the basic education requirement. You must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned.Your transcript(s) must clearly demonstrate the course(s) listed in the qualification requirement section. If the transcript(s) does not clearly demonstrate this you must submit a copy of the course description and/or other documentation demonstrating that the courses are equivalent. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information,click onforeign education
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial Disclosure statement may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses paid: No
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: Maybe
10. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
11. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following quality categories:
Best Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is almost identical to those required by the position.
Well Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is very similar to those required by the position.
Qualified - Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements, but do not identify any additional qualifying experience or skill.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position.
· Technical Competency Nanoscale Materials
· Leading Others
· Interpersonal Skills
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions