The President has challenged cabinet Secretaries and senior Federal agency heads to create a government that is more citizen centered, results oriented, and market based. To achieve this vision with the Department of Homeland Security, we are searching for high caliber leaders who possess high standards of excellence and enjoy challenges and opportunities.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the principal investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). ICE protects national security and upholds public safety by targeting criminal networks and terrorist organizations that seek to exploit vulnerabilities in the immigration system, in the financial networks, along the U.S. borders, and elsewhere. The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission and is responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
The Executive Director, Law Enforcement Information Sharing Initiative (LEISI) oversees all aspects of the LEISI program within ICE, serving as Executive Agent for the law enforcement components of the Department of Homeland Security. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of ICE operational and administrative resources and functions related to the DHS LEISI and ensures that law enforcement activities fully support ICE's Strategic Plan and the DHS Information Sharing Initiatives.
The DHS LEISI mission is to transform the Department's Law Enforcement Information Sharing Environment by integrating culture, governance, business processes and technologies across DHS and with external partners to ensure the right information is delivered to the appropriate person(s) at the accurate time in the correct manner. LEISI is the business sponsor of the Law Enforcement Information Sharing Service (LEIS Service). The LEIS Service establishes bi-directional connectivity between DHS and federal, state, local and tribal law enforcement entities.
The LEISI is an active advocate for law enforcement information sharing within DHS and its components. The LEISI coordinates throughout the law enforcement community to improve the understanding of information needs, provide leadership in resolving policy issues that may inhibit law enforcement information sharing, and develop approaches to overcome traditional barriers to information sharing.
The Executive Director, Law Enforcement Sharing Initiative (LEISI):
· Advises the ICE Director, Deputy Director, and HSI Executive Associate Director on all aspects of the LEISI program. Oversees and manages the resources and systems used to fully implement the comprehensive, multi-year plan to share critical law enforcement information with federal, state and local partners.
· Provides leadership and direction as it relates to the outreach and protocol used in law enforcement information sharing initiatives in furthering the law enforcement mission of ICE and in support of the broad responsibilities of DHS. Develops and implements strategies to enhance coordination on federal, state, and local levels.
· Conceives, develops, plans, and implements ICE LEISI policies and guidelines affecting agency programs. Translates new legislation, procedures and protocol into agency program goals, actions, and policies.
· Recognized as an agency authority in formulating new law enforcement sharing policies and program objectives that have a broad or long-range impact on one or more significant programs of the agency.
· Provides management and consulting services to top executives of the agency on change management and internal business process improvements to increase the effectiveness of major agency operations and functions.
As a member of the agency's executive team, you will implement the President's Management Agenda within your specific area of responsibility. For an overview of the diverse responsibilities ICE carries out within the Government, visit our website at http://www.ice.gov/ .