Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1001213
The Tele-ICU CAC is a member of a collaborative care team who is responsible for providing critical care tele-nursing to a diverse population of critically ill adults across multiple ICUs at various hospitals. As part of the duties, the CAC will be expected to work shifts in the Tele-ICU in order to have a working knowledge of the system and how it operates.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Minneapolis VA Medical Center (VISN 23) is looking for a Clinical Applications Coordinator (CAC) for the Tele-ICU. The Tele-ICU CAC is a member of a collaborative care team who is responsible for providing critical care tele-nursing to a diverse population of critically ill adults across multiple ICUs at various hospitals. As part of the duties, the CAC will be expected to work shifts in the Tele-ICU in order to have a working knowledge of the system and how it operates. The duty site is Minneapolis, MN. The CAC reports to the Tele-ICU Operations Director.
Duties Specific to the CAC Role:
- Acts as a liaison between OIT, Biomed, the Director of Education, and other clinical and administrative services in the interface of support for clinical computer applications within Tele-ICU.
- Contributes to the implementation and analysis of processes related to software functionality that impact efficient operations of clinical areas, documentation, and data validation.
- Develops strategies to manage change for the integration of new technologies into clinical practice.
- Contributes to patient care delivery and its documentation through interpretation of patient care standards, medical record standards, and medical center goals and policies. --Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates technology based, education programs and activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical practice and the administrative aspects of health care delivery to evaluate and accommodate service ADPAC, clinician, and administrator needs.
- Enhances customer service.
Duties Specific to the Tele-ICU RN:
The Tele-ICU RN will be responsible for the following duties:
- Data collection and assessment
- Critical thinking with diagnosis and intervention
- Periodic re-evaluation of diagnoses, care plans and outcomes
- Prioritization of clinical problems
- Effective responsiveness, decision making and problem resolution, including reporting
- Patient and family advocacy and confidentiality
- Communication of assessments to Intensivist
- Independent problem solving, including monitoring of Intensivists caseload
- Prevention of clinical problems from occurring