Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
SPECIAL NOTICE - PLEASE READ!
This position is currently being announced under SWEX13763104998578 open to Merit Promotion candidates. If you are currently a permanent Department of Army employee with status or have other appointment eligibility, please apply to SWEX13763104998578.
On your resume, please include the number of hours worked per week and the length of time in a position in a month/year to month/year OR month/year to present format.
About the Position: This position is located at Munson Army Health Clinic: Patient Administrative Division in Fort Leavenworth, KS.
- Moving expenses are not authorized, based on a determination that a move is not in the Government's interest.
- Incentives are NOT being offered.
Who May Apply:
As a Supervisory Medical Records Administration Specialist, you will....
- Supervise Outpatient Coding, Inpatient Coding and Medical Transcription by planning, organizing, directing and evaluating all coding activities.
- Audit medical records to determine that appropriate codes have been used to describe diseases, injuries, operations, and non-surgical procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, review and revise coding guidelines to adhere to deadlines and regulations.
- Manage and operate the Ambulatory Data System (ADS) and Code Compliance Editor (CCE).
- Supervise employees by establishing performance standards and completing appraisals; maintaining manpower levels; and providing on-the-job training and cross-training.
- Serve as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and Privacy Act (PA) Compliance Officer.