Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-09) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: participating in the testing of an organizations major
automation information systems and software; utilizing quality assurance tools in a web environment; performing System Integrated Testing (SIT); experience includes documenting and executing test scripts, documenting systems issues, analyzing causes of failure, and running queries to be used as testing aides
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for specialized experience, you must submit transcripts (official or unofficial) or some form of proof of your education. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide documentation at the time of processing, or a determination that you do not possess sufficient education and experience to meet the total qualification requirements, will result in an ineligible rating.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
· Technical Competence: uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on the job experience to perform ones job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
· Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
· Quality Assurance: Knowledge of principles, methods, and tools of quality assurance and quality control used to ensure a product fulfills functional requirements and standards.
· Customer Service: Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.