If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic team environment then MCC is the place for you! Visit our WEBSITE at http://www.mcc.gov to see the life changing projects our staff are undertaking.
MCCs mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCCs values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the West Africa Region of the Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
The incumbent of this position provides leadership and guidance to country teams on compact development and appraisal of a compact consistent with MCC Compact development guidelines, MCC corporate priorities as well as relevant DCO goals - and with input from a comprehensive set of government, public and private sector stakeholders both in the United States and in the partner country. This includes providing guidance and performance input for key MCC team members, managing the compact development as well as travel budget and ensuring timely completion of compact development milestones. Specific duties will include:
- Providing overall leadership of the MCC compact development process and of a multi-disciplinary compact development team;
- Serving as the principal liaison and lead negotiator vis-à-vis the partner country government -- and is responsible for managing relevant aspects of external relations with US Embassy, other USG agencies, MCC board representatives, other multilateral and bilateral donors, and program stakeholders;
- Serving as the point-of-contact within MCC on all matters pertaining to the compact development process of the country;
- Establishing timelines for the overall process and each component piece and ensuring team members are working to schedule;
- Ensuring quality, completeness, consistency, and accuracy of major internal documents related to compact, external documents (e.g. press releases, fact sheets, CNs, etc.) and legal agreements (e.g. Compact, 609(g) agreement, etc.);
- Guiding the development and implementation of 609(g) agreements (project preparation funding agreements) and due diligence plan and budgets to ensure judicious and timely use of those resources;
- Staying current on partner country context of relevance to the compact development and implementation process including sector policy, development indicators, private sector and donor activity as well as security;
- Reviewing all team work products and providing final quality control and clearance before vetting with senior management;
- Developing annual travel plan and budget, and coordinating and approving the travel of all country team members and consultants;
- Briefing senior management on the progress of the team and programmatic issues, as requested;
- Chairing periodic Country Team meetings, including resolving issues and keeping members on-track;
- Raising to senior management any issues requiring management intervention, including guidance on or resolution of programmatic or personnel matters;
- Supervising country relations staff working on the transaction;
- Providing performance feedback, as requested, on team members to their respective supervisor;
- Consistent with the MCC Approvals Matrix and Standards of Clearance, approving or leading the approval process of key decisions and/or documents.
- Experience working in transitioning or developing countries, in particular any prior work experience in West Africa, in particular Liberia.
- An advanced degree in finance, economics, international development, business, or a related discipline.
- Occasional Travel
- Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50%