The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview
NIH Internsperform duties in one of the Institutes or Centers in the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH Interns receive on-the-job training while pursuing their educational degree. Assignments are aimed at developing the employee's skills and knowledge to progressively perform more difficult duties.
As an NIH Intern (Program Support Assistant) you will:
- Establish and maintain office files.
- Receive incoming calls and visitors.
- Provide callers and visitors with general information.
- Prepare a variety of standardized documents from rough draft and/or oral instructions.
- Process and distribute mail to appropriate individuals.
- Develop documents using a variety of office automation applications.
- Perform special projects.