In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
You may start at the GS-05 if you have the following qualifications: 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelor's degree OR 3 years of General Experience, one (1) year which was equivalent to at least the GS-04 level. General Experience is described as:
· Experience in quality control; quality inspection; contracting and purchasing; supply and storage; industrial or production planning; research and engineering; maintenance; or test and evaluation that provided (1) experience with quality assurance or related work, (2) experience with product or process , (3) experience interpreting and applying contract requirements and engineering specifications, or (4) experience with others in person-to-person work relationships.
You may start at the GS-07 if you have the following qualifications: 1 full year of graduate level education; OR Superior Academic Achievement; OR 1 year of Specialized Experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level. Specialized Experience is described as:
· Experience that provided a practical knowledge in monitoring, controlling, or maintaining the quality of products or services. Examples include the following:
· Reviewing production activities and capabilities in light of contract quality requirements.
· Reviewing written quality or inspection procedures for adequacy and evaluating the implementation and effectiveness of quality/inspection systems, including sampling plans.
· Analyzing quality data to detect unsatisfactory trends or weaknesses in the quality/inspection system.
· Verifying by test or inspection, using sampling inspection or intensive product inspection techniques, that products comply with requirements prior to acceptance.
· Identifying inadequacies and requesting corrective action;
· Computing data, summarizing results, and preparing reports or charts depicting pertinent relationships using statistical methods.
· Investigations customer complaints and deficiency reports, and providing identification of causes to appropriate authorities.
· Reading, interpreting, and applying technical data such as blueprints, engineering drawings, product specifications, or technical manuals.
· Reviewing and evaluating supply systems operations and procedures through periodic audits and surveillance inspections.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Education can be substituted for experience.
Please refer to the OPM Qualification Standards for specific Education/Experience requirements for this position located at: www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp.
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the DATE THE REFERRAL IS ISSUED
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
- This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Management may select at any grade level announced.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 180 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
Condition of Employment:
This position requires travel to other duty locations approximately 10 percent of the time.
- This position requires a Non-Critical Sensitive Secret Clearance.
- This is a drug testing designated position.
- This position requires an annual Financial Disclosure in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R Joint Ethics regulation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.