The Department of Energy's overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the U.S. through scientific and technological innovation and the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex. With DOE you'll have the flexibility and freedom to explore a world of possibilities through a wealth of exciting and challenging career opportunities. By joining DOE, you can hone your career skills while helping to secure the U.S. future and make a real difference in the lives of Americans and people around the world. To learn more about the DOE, please visit our website the following link DOE.
This Interdisciplinary position is located on the Renewable Electricity Analysis Team in the Office of Electricity, Coal, Nuclear and Renewables Analysis, Assistant Administrator for Energy Analysis, Energy Information Administration (EIA). The mission of the Renewable Electricity Analysis Team in the Office of Electricity, Coal, Nuclear and Renewables Analysis is to perform historical and forward-looking analyses of renewable electricity markets, technology cost, performance, supply and demand in relation to government policies, energy prices, technological change and other factors. The Office prepares projections of electricity technology infrastructure, supply, prices, and costs and coordinates the dissemination of Office analytic products. The incumbent supervises the Renewable Electricity Analysis Team cited above and is responsible for overseeing and directing impartial analytical projects involving development of key modeling tools for National energy policy making
As a Supervisory Economist or Operations Research Analyst, you will:
- Manage high-level visibility analysis, modeling and forecasting projects from inception through closeout.
- Create and maintain project charter documents that describe scope, milestones, budget and stakeholders.
- Design and manage development and execution of new data analysis techniques, as well as modification of current practices.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision and leadership to the Team’s employees.
- Develop budgets and create resource plans to manage ongoing operations, develop and improve data publications and produce analytic studies.