Join us for an exciting career at VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System!
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has recently ranked VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System among the top 50 businesses to work for in western Pennsylvania.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
VA employees more than 14,000 physicians across its nationwide integrated health care system. Every year, many experienced physicians leave private practice to come to the VA Health Care System because we offer a variety of advantages.
If you're an experienced physician, you understand the impact that business has had on health care. For VA, patient care is not a business decision. Veterans are our highest priority and we are committed to providing them with the highest quality care possible. That patient focused lets you practice medicine the way it was meant to be practiced. VA Physicians work with the entire interdisciplinary care team to deliver state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical technologies in the Nation.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
A recruitment incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidates. Additionally, Recruitment Expenses are authorized for this position.
Duties for the Physician Chief (Infectious Disease) include the following
- The Division Chief of Infectious Disease has oversight of Infection Prevention and Infection Control at VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (VAPHS).
- Provides oversight of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program and a leadership role in committees and task forces (e.g. Nosocomial Infection Prevention (NIP) subcommittee patient safety, Central Line Infection Prevention (CLIP), MRSA prevention, RME committee and survey team, Pandenmic Flu committee, Ventilator-associated Pneumonia prevention (VAPP) team, surgical site infection workgroup, nursing clinical council).
- Serves on VISN level and National level workgroups (e.g. VISN 04 pandemic preparedness, VISN 04 pandemic prepareness tabletop exercise facilitator, VISN 04 SPD Advisory, VISN 04 Tiger Team, reusable medical equipment).
- Serves on Veteran's Health Administration (VHA) Textile integrated product team committee, MRSA Virtual Simulation Scripting workgroup, VHA COA tapestry, MRSA/Cdiff IPEC, and VHA Infection Control in Long-Term Care Planning Committee.
- Must be able to qualify for a faculty appointment with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (UPSOM).